Because It’s the Journey, Not the Destination…
The benefits of practicing Gratitude daily are bounty-full. Taking time to notice & reflect upon the things you’re thankful for assures the experience of more positive emotions, the energy to feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion & kindness, and even have stronger immune systems. And all this can be done with your smile.
The best part of this practice? Gratitude need not be reserved for those momentous occasions. In the blink of an eye, a pause of a smile, and an exhalation of release can move you to a brighter place as you take time in your day to acknowledge the “little” things.
The simple ways to benefit from Gratitude :
– take a look around you when you wake up. focus on something new
that brings a feeling of calm in your body
– get specific. try writing out 5 things you are grateful for every
morning or while you’re in the shower say them out loud
– when getting ready mirror smile at yourSelf in the mirror. yes it may
feel weird but try it…and say “thank you”
– be aware of your surroundings; there may be someone else
in need of your Gratitude that you’ll notice. opening your eyes to
more of the world around you can deeply enhance your practice
– choose your breath as your gateway Gratitude creator; it works I
promise, even if t’s just for that moment, at least you have that
And again don’t forget to take that smile break as many times as you can today. It is the mark of a Grateful being and an invitation for greatness to come into your Life.